With all the hype of the trending “pink drink” and “purple drink” and now “blue drink” (OMG, I can’t keep up) at Starbucks, I’ve been craving a cold sweet refreshment. I love a good iced tea lemonade, or just a fresh fruity drink in general. Especially during this dang, summer heat! I had some mangoes laying around the house and was like I NEED to blend these babies up into some type of drink ASAP. So I went to the store to get lemons and strawberries, and here we are!! This tropical, tart, sweet concoction was born!
THEN I was like let’s add some bubbles, because why not? Low and behold, the recipe turned into a FIZZY tropical, tart, sweet concoction. It’s addicting; I drank half the pitcher myself before I even got the chance to edit my photos!
p.s. I call it a lemonade because it has lemon juice in it, but it turned out to be more of a strawberry nectar-like juice. Though, still equally delicious!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup plus 4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 yellow mangoes, cubed
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 1 ½ cups club soda
- Extra sliced strawberries, mint, and lemon wedges for garnish, optional
- To make simple syrup, bring the sugar and 1 cup of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally, until sugar is fully dissolved. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, juice lemons. Blend together the mangoes, strawberries and cooled simple syrup in a blender or food processor, until smooth.
- In a large pitcher, add the fruit blend, lemon juice, remaining 4 cups of water, and club soda. Stir well.
- To serve, divide ice and extra sliced strawberries into glasses. Pour over sparkling lemonade and top with mint and lemon wedges. Enjoy!!
What’s your go-to summer drink? With the base recipe (simple syrup, water, and club soda) you can make pretty much any homemade juice you want! What other fruits would be good in this recipe?? (I’m thinking peaches or watermelon!)